Skip To Main Content
English Language Arts
7th and 8th Grade Language Arts
- Pearson texts – New this year
- District-wide pacing guide created by teachers from all Hayward middle schools
- Pacing guide is organized around writing genres
Literature (7th grade only)
- Most seventh graders take two hours of Language Arts. For seventh graders who don’t need an intervention class, a literature class is offered.
- This class uses both the district-adopted Pearson text, district approved novels, and other supplemental material at the discretion of the teacher.
- Eighth graders not in need of intervention are enrolled in an enrichment class, which may or may not work on building Language Arts skills.