We are dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of our community by providing accessible, high quality care.
Our individual and organizational commitment is to ensure this human right through quality service, advocacy and community empowerment.
Our vision involves a sophisticated integration of health delivery systems and collaborations to ensure that TVHC functions as a comprehensive, fiscally viable, and culturally competent system of health care while addressing the root causes of health care disparities and empowering our community. This vision is supported by:
- Our mission
- A commitment to serve vulnerable populations
- Comprehensive, integrated service delivery with a focus on primary care
- Patient-centered care
- Opportunities for growth presented by health care reform
When your family needs high quality health care, we’ll take care of you. Our staff is highly trained and our doctors are board certified in family practice, pediatrics, obstetrics, internal medicine, and dentistry. Our low fees make quality medical care affordable, even if you do not have health insurance. Because we serve people from different countries and cultures, our doctors, nurses and staff speak many languages, including Spanish, English,Tagalog, Farsi and others. Above all, we treat you and your family members with the dignity and respect you deserve.
We provide medical services to all ages and all members of the family. Our clinical services include:
- General family medicine
- Reproductive health
- Prenatal care
- Immunizations and boosters
- Disease testing, prevention and education
- Health screenings
- Counseling and mental health
- Chronic disease management
- Vision screenings
- Pharmacy services on site
- Specialty referral services
If you have a question about a specific service we provide, call us at (510) 471-5880 or use the Contact Us form and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Youth Health Services
TVHC’s Youth Health Services Department provides free and low-cost care to students on-campus at several school sites in Central and Southern Alameda County. We have full-service school health centers at James Logan High School in Union City and Tennyson High School in Hayward. These health centers are a low-cost, safe and convenient place for any student to receive the medical and mental health care they need to succeed in school and become productive members of their community. A student who is tired, sick, suffering from asthma, stressed, depressed or scared often experiences academic performance issues as a result and an increased risk of dropping out of school.
Much like our main community-based health centers, our school health centers advocate holistic health care, paying careful attention to the dynamic relationship between mind, body, and spirit. Our primary objective is to make important health and wellness information more readily accessible to youth and provide an effective tool for them to take control of their own well-being.
Some of the services and programs that we provide at our school sites include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Management of chronic illnesses
- Reproductive health services
- Family planning
- STI (sexually transmitted infections) testing & counseling
- HIV prevention, counseling, rapid testing
- Nutrition and fitness programs
- Vision, hearing, and oral health screenings
- Behavioral/Mental Health Services
- Sports Physicals
- Specialty referrals
- After school programs, peer education and peer navigator programs, and parent engagement groups.
The school health centers are open to any student in Alameda County. For more information, please email us using the Contact Us form or call Maricela Gutierrez, Youth Health Services Director, at (510) 471-5880 ext. 3758